Monday, September 13, 2010

The Road to Cataclysm

Mage on a shelf


I got my mage to 73 when my account lapsed, and I figured that was for the best. I have a lot of real life events that have kept me busy, and haven't had time for anything more than one daily dungeon a day, which wasn't really satisfying. I do really like the mage, and I hope to finish leveling her maybe sometime after cataclysm drops.

Waiting game


So just this morning, Boubouille from mmo-champion predicted that the cataclysm release date will be Nov 2. He's been pretty spot on about expansion and release dates in the past, so I'm going with this for now.

I figure that I'll probably start my sub up in late October, after the last of my trips, so I have maybe a week to mess around with talent specs on all my toons, and maybe do some of the pre-expansion content.

Planning


I still don't know who my main is going to be post-expansion. I've been loving the shaman, but the priest mechanics coming up in Cata look really fun. This is probably what I'll use that week pre-expansion to decide.

It's only really going to be a factor for the first month. I do plan to eventually level all my 80 toons (shaman, priest, pally, warlock, and maybe mage) to 85.

In the meantime


I've been pretty occupied with Starcraft II, which is a fun game too. A lot of my WoW friends are playing that now, mostly. I don't think I'm ever going to be that great at it though, so I've been pretty casual.

I've also been playing a ton of iPhone games, because I've been traveling so much, but again, nothing serious.

Reading


Vixsin from Life in Group 5 mentioned a new shaman blog resource called TotemSpot which seems like it will be the go-to source for shaman questions starting in Cata. Definitely looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Vixsin said...

Welcome back to the scene, stranger! I'm going to selfishly hope that you'll stick with your shaman come Cata, cause man, we need some more shaman voices back in action.

Zigi said...

Yeah I probably won't be able to stay away from the Shaman-y goodness.

I think just so far when I have played around with the talent calculators, it seems like Priests are getting all sorts of interesting new mechanics, while so far I haven't really felt like there's anything that new with Shaman.

However, when I actually get in the game and try out new abilities like Spiritwalker's Grace and Healing Rains, I may be just as excited about Shaman too.